Terms & Conditions
ALL REFERENCE TO thehiive.com OR hiive mobile application WILL BE REFERED TO AS Hiive
-Please read the terms and conditions carefully prior to accepting.
-This Service is provided to individuals who are 18 years old or older.
The Service is offered to you conditioned on your full acceptance without modification of the terms,
conditions, and notices contained herein.
BY CLICKING THE "SIGN IN" BUTTON ON thehiive.com OR “SAVE” BUTTON ON HIIVE MOBILE APPLICATION YOU
ARE COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, YOU ARE STATING THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR AN ACCOUNT AND
THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE SERVICE ("TOS").
The Terms and Conditions for the use of Hiive member services, including membership account,
instant commentary, event postings, venue and event posting, discussion board, photo uploads,
referral emails and or any other future service offered from time to time on Hiive
(each feature individually and collectively referred to as the "Service")
are as follows:
1. MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
• To open an account, it is compulsory to complete the registration process by providing
us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the Registration Form.
• You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and
username. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur
under your account.
• You agree to notify Hiive immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any
other breach of security.
2. MEMBER PRIVACY AGREEMENT
• It is Hiive’s policy to respect the privacy of its members. Hiive will not disclose,
edit, or monitor any personal information about you or your use of the Service, including
its contents, without your prior consent, unless Hiive believes that such action is
- conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Hiive;
- enforce the TOS; or
- act to protect the interests of its members or others.
• You agree that Hiive may access your account, including its contents, as stated above
or to respond to service or technical issues.
3. MEMBER CONDUCT
• As a condition of your use of the Service, you warrant to Hiive that you will not use the
Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and
• The Service is provided to individuals only and for personal use only. Any unauthorized
commercial utilisation of the Service, or the resale of its services, is explicitly
• You agree to abide by all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations
and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account or
password. By way of example, and not as a limitation,
you agree not to:
- Abuse, harass, offend, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of
privacy and publicity) of other Hiive members.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about other members, including email addresses, without
- Publish, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene,
indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Interfere with another member's use and enjoyment of the Service or another individual or entity's
use and enjoyment of similar services.
- Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Service or violate the regulations, policies
or procedures of such networks.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, through password mining or
any other means.
• Hiive has no obligation to monitor the Service or any user's utilisation thereof. However,
Hiive reserves the right at all times to monitor, review, retain and/or disclose any
information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or
4. ONLINE & MOBILE INFORMATION
• Event information is provided by the venue and / or Promoter. Therefore, Hiive does not
guarantee the accuracy, of the information listed on this site or mobile application.
Should you have any questions, please contact the event Promoter or Venue owner at the
number listed on the event page.
• Hiive will not be liable for any damages of any kind incurred as a result of the information
5. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
• THE LINKS INCLUDED WITHIN THE SERVICE MAY LET YOU LEAVE THE SERVICE WEB SITES ("LINKED SITES").
• THE LINKED SITES ARE NOT UNDER THE CONTROL OF Hiive AND Hiive IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENTS
OF ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN A LINKED SITE, OR ANY CHANGES OR UPDATES TO SUCH
• Hiive IS PROVIDING THESE LINKS TO YOU ONLY AS A CONVENIENCE, AND THE INCLUSION OF ANY LINK DOES
NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT BY Hiive OF THE SITE OR ANY ASSOCIATION WITH THEIR OPERATORS.
• Hotlinked images, without the expressed consent of Hiive, will not be permitted.
• It is the expressed will of the parties that this agreement and all related documents have been
drawn up in English.
• Hiive reserves the right to terminate your access to any part or all of the Service and any
related service(s) at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective
immediately, for any reason whatsoever.
• Hiive may also terminate or suspend your account for inactivity, which is defined as failing to
sign-in to the Service for an extended period of time, as determined by Hiive.
• Upon termination of the Service, your right to use the Service immediately ceases. If you wish
to terminate your account, your only recourse is to discontinue the use of the Service.
9. MODIFICATIONS TO TERMS OF SERVICE, MEMBER POLICIES
• Hiive reserves the right to change the TOS or policies regarding the use of the Service at any
time and to notify you by posting an updated version of the TOS on this Website.
• You are responsible for regularly reviewing the TOS.
• Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
10. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
• All contents of the Service are: Copyright ©2011 Hiive, Cape Town South Africa all rights reserved.
Hiive users sharing the experience